Spring 2018 Schedule
All times/deadlines for this course are in the Eastern timezone.
The current time (as of page load) is Wed Feb 21st 4:27am.
The weekly links below require you to authorize you are a student in this class. Upon clicking, you will be prompted to authorize via your Github account.
Released in Canvas every Wed before 11:59pm and due the following Wed before 11:59pm.
More info on weekly assignments here...
- What this course covers
- Course logistics
- Command line setup
- Local server setup
- Workflow setup with Git version control
- Production server setup
- Project 1 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Feb 7 11:59pm
- PHP Part 1 - Basics, form processing
- PHP Part 2 - OOP, Validation
- Project 2 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Feb 21 11:59pm
Week 5 - Wed Feb 21, 2018
- Laravel: Frameworks intro, Composer intro/setup, new app setup
Week 6 - Wed Feb 28, 2018
- Laravel: Routing, Laravel structure/life-cycle, controllers
Week 7 - Wed Mar 7, 2018
- Laravel: Environments, packages, views & Blade
Spring Break: March 11, 2018 to March 17, 2018
Week 8 - Wed Mar 21, 2018
- Laravel: Forms and validation
Week 9 - Wed Mar 28, 2018
- Project 3 help
- Project 3 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Apr 4 11:59pm
Week 10 - Wed Apr 4, 2018
- Laravel: DB primer, configuration, Migrations
Week 11 - Wed Apr 11, 2018
- Laravel: Models/Eloquent, Seeders, production DB setup
Week 12 - Wed Apr 18, 2018
- Laravel: Foobooks progress, Collections
Week 13 - Wed Apr 25, 2018
- Laravel: Relationships, more Foobooks progress, Auth/Users (optional)
Week 14 - Wed May 2, 2018
- Project 4 help
- Project 4 finalized; due in Canvas by May 9 11:59pm
Exam week - May 9, 2018
Project 4 and Week 14 assignment must be submitted by Wed May 9 11:59pm.
Because it's the end of the semester, late work is not accepted for these final deliverables.