Spring 2018 Schedule
All times/deadlines for this course are in the Eastern timezone.
The current time (as of page load) is Fri Apr 20th 12:40am.
The weekly links below require you to authorize you are a student in this class. Upon clicking, you will be prompted to authorize via your Github account.
Released in Canvas every Wed before 11:59pm and due the following Wed before 11:59pm.
More info on weekly assignments here...
- What this course covers
- Course logistics
- Command line setup
- Local server setup
- Workflow setup with Git version control
- Production server setup
- Project 1 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Feb 7 11:59pm
- PHP Part 1 - Basics, form processing
- PHP Part 2 - OOP, Validation
- Project 2 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Feb 21 11:59pm
- Laravel: Frameworks intro, Composer intro/setup, new app setup
- Laravel: Routing, Laravel structure/life-cycle, controllers
- Laravel: Environments, packages, views & Blade
Spring Break: March 11, 2018 to March 17, 2018
- Laravel: Forms and validation
- Project 3 help
- Project 3 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Apr 4 11:59pm
- Laravel: Database primer, local database setup, migrations
- Laravel: Db interaction with models/Eloquent, seeders, production database setup
- Laravel: Foobooks progress, collections
Week 13 - Wed Apr 25, 2018
- Laravel: Relationships, more Foobooks progress, Auth/Users (optional)
Week 14 - Wed May 2, 2018
- Project 4 help
- Project 4 finalized; due in Canvas by May 9 11:59pm
Exam week - May 9, 2018
Project 4 and Week 14 assignment must be submitted by Wed May 9 11:59pm.
Because it's the end of the semester, late work is not accepted for these final deliverables.