Fall 2018 Schedule
All times/deadlines for this course are in the Eastern timezone.
The current time (as of page load) is Wed Jan 16 @ 4:34pm.
The weekly links below require you to authorize you are a student in this class. Upon clicking, you will be prompted to authorize via your Github account.
Released in Canvas every Wed before 11:59pm and due the following Wed before 11:59pm.
More info on weekly assignments here...
- What this course covers
- Course logistics
- Command line setup
- Local server setup
- Workflow setup with Git version control
- Production server setup
- Project 1 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Sep 19 @ 11:59pm Eastern
- PHP Part 1 - Basics, form processing
- PHP Part 2 - OOP, Validation
- Project 2 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Oct 3 @ 11:59pm Eastern
- Laravel: Frameworks intro, Composer intro/setup, new app setup
- Laravel: Routing, Laravel structure/life-cycle, controllers
- Laravel: Environments, packages, views & Blade
- Laravel: Forms and validation
- Project 3 help
- Project 3 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Nov 7 @ 11:59pm Eastern
- Laravel: Database primer, local database setup, migrations
- Project 3 peer reviews completed; due in Canvas by Wed Nov 14, 2018 @ 11:59pm Eastern
- Laravel: Db interaction with models/Eloquent, seeders, production database setup
Thanksgiving Break - Nov 21-25, 2018
- Laravel: Foobooks progress, collections
- Laravel: Relationships, more Foobooks progress, Auth/Users
- Project 4 help
- Project 4 finalized; due in Canvas by Wed Dec 19 @ 11:59pm Eastern
Project 4 and Week 14 assignment must be submitted by Wed Dec 19 @ 11:59pm Eastern.
Because it's the end of the semester, late work is not accepted for these final deliverables.