Choose an assignment ot learn more:
Assignments will receive a grade based on the following 3 components:
Component 1. Submission
Purpose: Give you hands on practice with the curriculum.
- All assignments should be available on both your production server and Github.com (instructions for this covered in Lecture 2).
- Submit completed assignments via this form before 11:59pm Eastern on the due date.
- Read the policy for late submissions...
Component 2. Quiz
Goal: Assess your understanding of the curriculum.
After completing your assignment submission, you will then take a quiz in Canvas to assess your understanding of the learning goals covered in the assignment.
While Lecture quizzes are designed to be simple check-ins to help everyone keep on top of the lecture material, assignment quizzes may be more challenging and are designed to have you critically thinking about the curriculum.
- 20 to 60 minute time limit
- Unlike the Lecture quizzes, you will be able to review previous answers as you take the quiz
- Mixture of question types (multiple choice, fill-in, etc.)
- May involve a sample code base from which you'll have to pull your answers
- Released: on the Submission deadline.
- Due: 7 days after the Submission deadline.
- Note Release/due times are 11:59pm Eastern (in contrast to Lecture quizzes which are released/due at 6:30pm Eastern).
- There is no late policy for assignment quizzes, they must be completed on time to be accepted.
- A1 Submission is due Thu Feb 9 by 11:59pm Eastern
- A1 Quiz will be released at this same time
- Must be completed by the following Thu @ 11:59pm Eastern
Component 3. Peer review
Purpose: Give you the opportunity to explore alternative code solutions, and improve on your own skills by thinking critically about code and application design.
- Only applies to A2, A3, A4.
- Score is on the quality/effort of your review for your peer.
- Completed here...
Each component is split equally.
- In the case of A1 that's 50% for Submission and 50% for Quiz.
- In the cases of A2, A3, A4 that's 33% Submission, 33% Quiz, 33% Peer review.